Sunday, January 30, 2011

First week rolls by

At this time I've officially been in Berlin for a week and a day. I've figured out the u-bahn (underground), tram, and s-bahn(above ground) transportation systems (I haven't needed to use the bus system much yet). I've cooked my own meals and gone out with friends from Hampshire, and still haven't had more than 2 beers in an evening. I've bought a cellphone and activated it online (on an entirely German website, no easy feat).
On the other hand, I still don't know where to take my trash or recycling, which will soon pose a problem. I have spent probably the sum of hours in deep philosophical contemplation and descending opinion with the washing machine, and yet I have not been able to convince it to function as I believe it should (blame the hardware). The water heater and I have a tacit understanding, that he is both spastic and lacking in concentration; therefore I spend a few minutes every couple hours tending to his frantic mood swings.
I'm not hungry and I'm not cold unless I go outside, and even then a walrus would say, "Muttergottes, was für scheis kaltes Wetter haben wir gegriekt?!" All in all, I think I will probably survive, at least until spring.

EDIT: I figured out the washing machine! Haha, victory is mine!

1 comment:

  1. MMM,

    Glad to have word of you and that you think you will survive until spring. Gorgeous and Rodent send greetings.

    FoAK

    ReplyDelete